Located 40 minutes north of the capital city of Raleigh, Henderson, North Carolina is a rural town rich with history. The first settlers’ residence was built in what is now Henderson in 1785 by Samuel Reavis, Sr. Reavis called his farm “Lonesome Valley” which likely described the area at that time. Reavis’ son, Lewis Reavis, opened a store close to the stagecoach road in 1811 where he began to see an influx of settlers and the awakening of a city.
Ordinances to be Codified:
1. Ord 16-04 Extending the Corporate Limits of the City of Henderson (annexation of Henderson Collegiate, Inc.
2. Ord 16-07 Amending Section 2-4 of the City Code Relative to Establishing that City Council Meetings Shall Be Held at a Place Designated by the Council at least once a month
3. Ord 16-08 No Parking Zone on Roanoke Avenue and Two Hour Parking Spaces on Church Street and the Deletion of Unsigned Reserved Parking on Church Street
4. Ord 16-10 Rezoning a portion of Vicksboro Road and Ennis Murphy from R-20 (Low Density Residential) to R-11 (Moderate Density Residential)
5. Ord 16-13 Permanently Closing an Unopened Street Referred to as Berry Street
6. Ord 16-13 Converting Nine 1 1/2 Hour Parking Spaces to 2 Hours and One 2 Hour Parking Space on Garnett Street to a Loading Zone and One to a Handicap Parking Space
7. Ord 16-17 Amendment of Procedures and Policies on Assessment of Penalties for Failure to Meet the Soil Erosion & Sedimentation Control Standards of Chapter 23A of City Code
8. Ord 16-21 Extending the Corporate Limits of the City of Henderson, North Carolina
9. Ord 16-34 Permanently Closing a Portion of Lamb Street from Main Street to David Street