This website uses cookies to store your accessibility preferences. No personal / identifying information is stored. More info.


Covid 19 Information

Governor Cooper has issued a Stay at Home Order.  All individuals currently in the State of North Carolina are ordered to stay at home, their place of residence, or current place of abode, except as allowed by the Order.  To read Executive Order No. 121:

The Granville-Vance Health Department is providing important COVID-19 information for residents.  Click for the most current information.  For information regarding the State of North Carolina, click

City Specific Information: 

As you know, COVID-19 is a respiratory disease.  In order to help prevent the spread of this disease, the City of Henderson has taken proactive steps to help protect and health and safety of our citizens and employees.   Until further notice, City Hall and the Public Works buildings are closed to anyone without an appointment.  To make an appointment, please call:

  • Main Number: 252-430-5700
  • Code Compliance: 252-430-5725
  • City Clerk: 252-430-5705

City Hall will be staffed from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.

Public Works:

  • 252-431-6115 if you have any Sanitation or Cemetery concerns
  • 252-431-6030 if you have any Water Maintenance, Sewer or Street concerns.

Public Works will be staffed from 7:30 to 4:00 p.m.

 What Can You Do?

  • Wash your hands frequently with soap and water.  Use hand sanitizer if soap is not available and be sure to wash between your fingers
  • Clean and disinfect surfaces that are touched frequently
  • Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth
  • Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue and discard in the trash – NOT THE TOILET
  • Maintain social distancing of six (6) feet from other people as recommended by the CDC
  • Check in with your neighbors to make sure they have the supplies they need
  • Do not flush wipes, paper towels or similar products down the toilet.  These items will clog the system causing backups and overflows that create public health risks.

Water Bills

  • Water bills may be paid either by mail, drop box, online or by calling 1-866-270-5612

If you need to close your account or establish service, please call 252-430-5700 and ask to speak to a Custer Service Representative.  Appointments will be made to setup new service or to transfer service.

During this time, the City of Henderson will suspend all water account disconnects due to non-payment of utility bills.  PAYMENT OF YOUR ACCOUNT BALANCE IS STILL YOUR RESPONSIBILITY AND YOUR ACCOUNT WILL CONTINUE TO BE BILLED AS NORMAL.    Until April 16, 2020, water will not be disconnected for non-payment; HOWEVER, you are still responsible for your account balanceand for any water used during this suspension time.

 Henderson-Vance Recreation and Parks Closures

Aycock Recreation Center and the Aquatic Center
Old Aycock Gym - Indoor Facility
Fox Pond Park
All Satellite Sites (First Presbyterian Church and Vance County Senior Center)

Remaining Open:
All Outdoor Parks excluding Fox Pond 

Updates about facilities, classes/programs and events will be made available on Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat and Twitter  and the City's webpage.