A Facility Use Application must be completed in order to rent the following facilities:
Picnic Shelters – Pam Stevenson 252-431-6094
Fox Pond Park- 2 Shelters
$30.00 (per shelter)
Monday- Saturday 10:00 am-dusk or Sunday 1:00pm-dusk
Aycock Complex Ball Field– Steve Osborne 252-438-2670
$10/hour per field
$15/hour per field with lights- 2 hour minimum
Other Fields– Steve Osborne 252-438-2670
$10/hour per field
$12/hour per field with lights- 2 hour minimum
Aycock Recreation Center Multipurpose Room-Crystal Allen 252-438-3408
$70/hour with $200 refundable deposit
Aycock Recreation Center Pool– Lauren Newlin 252-438-3160
Aycock Recreation Center Gym– Crystal Allen 252-438-3408
Old Aycock Gym– Steve Osborne 252-438-2670
*Appropriate staff must approve all rentals. Rentals may require additional charges as determined by staff.*
1. The City of Henderson, the Henderson – Vance Recreation and Parks Department and Vance County maintain no liability insurance in regard to claims for injury or damage arising from use of its respective property; and accordingly, each maintains its legal immunity against any and all such claims.
2. In the event property loss is incurred as a result of the use of the facility by an outside group, the amount of damage shall be decided by the Recreation Department and charged to the outside group.
3. It is the responsibility of the applicant to assure one delegated senior member be present at all times during the use of the facility. Also, groups with youth guests must provide adequate supervision as determined by the Recreation Staff.
4. All facilities are rented “as is.”
5. Any request for the use of recreation facilities will be dealt with on an individual first-come, first-served basis with first priority going to Recreation Department sponsored activities and programs.
6. A completed application is required at least three (3) weeks in advance in order to lock in the desired date. Discussing a date over the phone with a staff member does not lock in a date for usage.
7. The only facilities of the Aycock Recreation Center available to the group are the ones agreed upon in the rental application. Guests may be required to pay a fee to use non-rented facilities. No one under the age of 16 will be allowed in the fitness room.
8. All facility usage must comply with the facilities posted hours of closing. In addition, the facility must be restored to its original state.
9. All fees must be paid by the due date listed on the invoice. If fees are not paid by the due date, the application will be automatically cancelled. Checks are to be made payable to: Henderson – Vance Recreation and Parks Department.
10. A $200.00 refundable deposit is required for use of the Multi-Purpose Room and Gym.
11. Contracts are non-transferable. In case of inclement weather, use of outdoor facilities will be rescheduled pending space availability. Refunds, transfers, and/or credits must be requested in writing.
12. The applicant is responsible for seeing that vehicles use designated parking areas only. In the event of damages to turf, tracks. Sidewalks, athletic equipment, or other areas, the applicant will be held liable.
13. No concession privilege will be extended by virtue of rental of any recreation facility.
14. All persons playing sports in the gymnasium must wear gym shoes and appropriate attire.
15. All exits must be open and clean when the facility is in use.
16. The lobby of the Aycock Recreation Center will be open to the general public during usage.
17. No grills or large cookers are allowed on premise unless being used by a department approved caterer.
18. The kitchen at the Aycock Recreation Center is available for warming up refreshments and must be cleaned following the rental.
19. The use of alcoholic beverages, tobacco, or other controlled drugs in or on the grounds of any recreation facility is prohibited.
20. Gambling is prohibited at any recreation facility.
21. Only temporary signs or banners may be posted during the event and must be removed at the conclusion of the use of the facility. All signs and banners must be approved by the Recreation Department.
22. Police protection, if determined necessary by the Recreation Department, must be provided and paid for by the leasing organization. If not so provided, the Recreation Department can request the same and the applicant agrees to pay any costs for the same.
23. Sports/Dance Groups are required to have a “Certificate of Liability Insurance” prior to the start of this event. The Certificate of Insurance must include the City of Henderson, Vance County and the Henderson-Vance Recreation and Parks Commission as additional insurers and provides minimum coverage of $500,000 general liability, $300,000 personal & ADV. Injury, and $25,000 medical expenses (any one person).
24. The Henderson – Vance Recreation and Parks Department reserves the right to revoke any rental privilege. Abuse or neglect of any of the aforementioned regulations may result in immediate temporary or permanent revocation of privileges.