The City requires the person(s) setting up service to apply in person at the Customer Service Department at 134 Rose Avenue Monday through Friday between the hours of 8:30 am and 4:00 pm. The following are required:
The customer must pay:
- A security deposit in the amount stated on the current fee schedule unless his/her account is in good standing or upon providing a letter of good payment history from his/her most recent water/sewer utility provider. Security Deposits are based on location – Inside City Limits vs. Outside City Limits and by type of customer (e.g., residential, commercial, etc.). The customer’s deposit is held in escrow in the name of the customer by the City. It will be credited to the customer’s account after establishing twelve (12) consecutive months of not being placed on cut-off list for non-payment.
- A $20.00 non-refundable set-up fee.
- ALL past due account balances in their name or the name of other person(s) listed on the lease/deed.
The customer must provide:
- A completed application
- Proof of ownership or lease, if renting
- A valid government issued picture ID for anyone listed on the lease age 18 years of age or older
- Social Security Card for anyone listed on the lease age 18 years of age or older
(The Social Security number is collected from any person who may become a debtor for purposes of Setoff Debt Collection, G.S. § 105A-3(c). This information may be used for collection procedures. The disclosure of the social security number is not mandatory.)