The city organization is composed of 13 departments. The City Manager appoints the head of each department and other key staff personnel. Please click on the organization chart for a larger view.
ADMINISTRATION – This department is to guide, lead and direct all City operating departments in administrative matters related to and necessary for implementing City policy. This consists of the City Manager, Assistant City Manager, City Clerk and various other staff.
CODE COMPLIANCE – Ensures that all neighborhoods are safe, decent, and a good place to live and play by enforcing the Minimum Housing, Abandonment, Weeded Lot (Nuisances) ordinances and other applicable City Codes.
PLANNING & COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT – This department provides for the administration of zoning, subdivision and other development regulations, including minimum housing, administration or both CDBG and Mainstreet Programs.FINANCE – This department provides financial and related functions for all departments of the City as well as preparation of the annual budget, billing, revenue collection and disbursement, accounts payable/receivable, purchasing, and other accounting related functions.
HUMAN RESOURCES – Human Resources establishes plans and programs related to the recruitment, staffing, training, compensation, benefits, employee safety, and employee and labor relations functions of the City. This department also ensures that each function is performed in a manner as to meet the needs of Henderson residents and customers, and the well being of each employee in accordance with local, state and federal regulations.
PUBLIC SAFETY – This heading includes two different departments that provides public safety for the City of Henderson. The departments are as follows:
- FIRE & RESCUE DEPARTMENT – The Fire Department provides fire protection, suppression, containment of fires, education and related initiatives in fire prevention and rescue and emergency medical services for the City of Henderson.
- POLICE DEPARTMENT – The Police Department helps to prevent crime, protects life and property, and the general preservation of the public peace. The department provides community education and has formed partnerships against crime with residents, community watch groups, businesses and utilities.
- Street Maintenance and Repair
- Water Distribution and Sewer Collection systems
- ENGINEERING – This department provides overall engineering and design as well as planning, project management and inspection services to utility (water distribution, sewer collections, wasterwater and water treatment plants) and general governmental operations.
- KERR LAKE REGIONAL WATER SYSTEM – The Kerr Lake Regional Water System (KLRWS) provides clean drinking water to over 50,000 customers for its partners. The operating partners for KLRWS are the City of Henderson, the City of Oxford and Warren County.
- HENDERSON WATER RECLAMATION FACILITY – The Henderson Water Reclamation Facility (HWRF) provides adequate treatment of wastewater to meet the effluent limits set forth in the City’s National Pollutant Discharge Elimination Syatem (NPDES) permit, adequate management and maintenance of the City’s pump station facilities and sludge disposal program.