- High School graduate or equivalent
- At least 18 years old
- Hold valid driver’s license with good driving record
- Highly motivated with interest in the Firefighting Field
- College education/firefighting experience a plus
- Must reside within local area
- Selected applicants for firefighting positions are required to pass a detailed medical evaluation and a drug screening. A thorough background investigation prior to employment will be conducted.
In addition to the benefits offered by the City of Henderson, Firefighters are also offered the following benefits.
- Minimum Starting Salary: $26,062
- On-Duty Training Provided
- Federal Death Benefit
- State Death Benefit
- N.C. State Firemen’s Association
- Firemen’s Pension Fund
- Uniforms Are Furnished